Friday, April 07, 2006

Exams

I am royally screwed. Exams end in two weeks (no, not begin. Exams begin a week from now), and I haven't even started studying yet. And I still have assignments due. Shit. Am also feeling almost burnt out, because since reading week (3rd week of Feb), I have not had a single weekend where I could completely unwind. My profs like to have assignment deadlines on Fridays, Sundays and Mondays, and they like to release new assignments the moment old ones are due i.e programming - assignment due Monday at 11:55pm, new assignment up Tuesday 0:00am. Yay! My thoughtful profs gave me a whole 5 minutes of rest.

Since the fourth week of Feb, I've had to write 2 papers, complete 6 physics assignments and 3 lab reports, 3 programming assignments, 3 calculus assignments, take 2 midterms, write 1 in-class essay, give an oral presentation and come up with a business proposal. On top of reading for political science, which of course I did not do because I had no time. All this on top of going to class. In 6 weeks. I didn't even realise it was that much until I wrote it all down just now.

What the hell is wrong with McGill Admin anyway? Why can't we have just 1 week between the end of classes and the start of exams? Who in their right minds has classes up till the day before exams start? No time to think about all that right now. Time to haul ass, get my assignments done, and start studying, before I collapse from exhaustion on the 20th, only to send myself back to the grind on May 1.

And I remember being told JC would be the toughest time of my academic life. No way in hell does it compare to this.

No comments: