Thursday, June 02, 2005

My contact lens tore while I was removing it on Wednesday night, and I didn't manage to take it out. What was supposed to be a $10 night at Coco Latte then turned into a $100 visit to the doctor's.

I spent the night waiting at the A&E unit of Tan Tock Seng instead of going to my friend's birthday party. It was frustrating, to say the least, but trust my good friends to brighten up my night. Since we hadn't gotten the birthday girl anything, my absence at the party made a perfect excuse. And trust my friends to duly inform me while I was seeing the doctor.

"Eh Tim, so are you coming down?"

"Erm... Don't think so, depends on what time I'm done here, and whether you guys will still be there. But I don't think I'll be able to make it."

"Oh, ok. How's the eye?"

"Alright, not about to go blind or anything."

"Ok, that's good. Anyway, we told her that the present is with you lah, so if you do come down, just say you left it at home or something."

"Wah thanks, I thought we were going to tell her that she'd get a belated present?"

"We couldn't tell her when we got there, so we just said it was with you."

After the conversation, I couldn't stop myself from smiling. The people around me must've thought I was crazy, grinning like a fool while waiting in the A&E to see a doctor.

My friends never cease to amuse me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

aww...i love friends like these... :)
-Van-