Sunday, November 27, 2005

Update

I haven't blogged in a bit, mainly because, well, I just haven't felt the urge to do so in a while. Maybe it's because of school, and the work that I have to do just to keep up. Itsd draining to be working everyday, and still find out that it's barely enough. How my standards have changed. Barely enough used to be all that I needed to do. Now I find my classes fun and interesting, and at the same time so rushed. I find my study time ineffective, and I get the sense that I'm not really learning well. The profs all seem more intent on completing what they have to now, before the exams begin, and wonderful scheduling that McGill has, school ends on the 2nd of december, and exams start on the 5th.

But, enough of the whining about the daily grind. I will live through this, somehow, as I always do, and I'll deal with it as it comes. On a more interesting note, the first snowfall came and went, all of two weeks ago (I think). It's been below zero all day for a week or so now, and winter hasn't even officially started yet.

Brian Greene came to McGill on the 21st of November, and gave a lecture about the state of string theory. Very interesting stuff, go here for a look.

Pictures of the snow will follow soon, probably after my finals. Updates will be infrequent till then. To those who come here regularly, sorry ah. Been busy, and some of you probably know why. =p

2 comments:

Cinderella said...

who is brian greene?

tim said...

Brian Greene is a string theorist from Columbia University, author of the book "The Elegant Universe" and host of a mini-series of the same name. Check out the links in my post.