Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Moving on...

I leave for Canada in slightly over a month. In the past week or two, I have come to realise that when I leave for Canada, I will have to give up some things that I really enjoy doing.

That leaves me feeling a tinge of sadness, and yet, maybe it is time to move on. I haven't done everything I wanted to do, but there is no more time for me to do it. And I also recognise that I'll probably not do these things even if I happen to come back, either during my hols, or after 4 years, when my course ends.

So maybe it is just as well. Maybe the passion will fade after a while... or maybe it won't. On the one hand, if it does fade, it will be easier to move on, and yet, I do not want to forget because I still enjoy it so much.

What I am leaving behind here, I know for sure - family, friends, passions and familiarity, and maybe even a sense of comfort. What I stand to gain from this move, I am less sure about. That makes it both exciting and daunting at the same time.

But compare the unknowns I stand to benefit from to the knowns that I will be leaving behind, and tell me, why am I supposed to be looking forward to this again?

No comments: