Monday, September 05, 2005

Green Day

Went to catch Green Day's concert at Parc Jean Drapeau yesterday, and it was fantastic. They're really good live performers and can really play to the crowd. And Billie Joe, the band's frontman, invited 2 fans on stage to play the drums, the bass and the guitar; and at the end of it all, he let the guitarist keep his guitar! Being suah koo, law-abiding Singaporeans, me and my friend obeyed the no cameras allowed rule when actually they didn't check and lots of people brought their cameras along. So sorry, but got no photos to show. But anyway, the concert was a blast, and absolutely worth the C$53 that I paid for it. U2's coming down soon too, don't know how much that will cost, and don't even think we can get tickets, so probably not going to be able to catch them.

Anyway, my Singaporean friends have arrived, so at least I have some company now. Spent most of the weekend with one of them. I'm well aware of the need for me to meet new people and all that, but she's had a real torrid time getting here, so I've just been trying to help wherever I can.

School starts again tomorrow, I have some thoughts formulating at the back of my mind, but will leave the posting till they've become clearer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

U2?!?
arrghhh....!!!!
i want to be there to catch the concerts too!
me thinks that more "happening" artistes will be going your way rather than coming down to this tiny island. damn!