Thursday, September 08, 2005

Wordless

I actually really like Montreal. There is a vibrancy and buzz about the place, people are friendly and very helpful, and well, I just feel happy being in it. It might be because I'm still new to the place, and the weather's been nice and warm (relatively speaking), and also because school is still only just starting. Or it might be that both my Singaporean friends are here now, so I always have people to hang out with. I've made a couple of friends, but it takes time for friendships to develop, and for people to get a feel for each other, so it helps that I have established friends here.

Being in Montreal and talking to people here has also made me realise that I can't really identify all that many things that I like about Singapore. There's my family and friends, and of course, food that is cheap and good, but that's about it. In Montreal, there are places to visit and things to do - parks to have picnics in, Old Montreal (which is really nice), film festivals to attend, museums to visit, and concerts to catch. Not that you can't do these things in Singapore, but somehow, there's just a good vibe about the place.

Maybe it's just the novelty of the place, I honestly do not know, but it feels really nice to be here. It's not as if things have been completely smooth sailing, but the place just feels... well, really nice.

There's just a good feel to the place, and for now at least, I really like the city.

Sometimes, the less said, the better. I'm really struggling to put down what I feel into words, and I have no idea why, so maybe I should just stop here.

No comments: