Sunday, April 24, 2005

On a high

I went for my first run in a couple of months today. I am so going to ache all over tomorrow. I ran near my uncle's place, around Seletar camp. I passed a couple in a car in what they thought would be a secluded spot during the run. No prizes for guessing what they were doing. It was about 6 in the evening, so they obviously couldn't wait till it turned dark.

Running is supposed to release endorphins, and so is sex. So I'm just wondering whether that couple in the car in got their endorphin high. At least I know I got mine.

Other than that, nothing eventful about the run, except to confirm that I need to run more often.

I'm starting to get restless, and the urge to play soccer is stronger than ever now, since I have nothing to do all day, and I haven't had a game of soccer in 3 months, after my orthodontic surgery.

"Wait 3-6 months." was what I was told, so actually I can play soccer already. But my parents would rather I be more cautious. I understand their concerns, and so I'll try to stay off soccer for as long as possible. My friends just played a match yesterday, and I was really tempted to tell them I could play.

I wonder how long I can hold out.

No comments: