Thursday, May 12, 2005

Dinner and dessert

Yesterday I met up with a couple of friends from my secondary school days for dinner at a hawker centre opposite Queensway. As one of us remarked, "This is the first time I come to Queensway without stepping inside or going to IKEA!". Ok, to clarify I did step inside Queensway shopping centre, for all of 10 minutes. We had BBQ seafood for dinner, and the food was pretty good, but not too filling, so we decided to get some ice-cream for dessert.

We headed down to Island Creamery at Serene Centre. The place sells locally made ice-cream, and notable flavours are Tiger beer sorbet, and teh-tarik ice cream. A single scoop sells for $2.50, and they sell 500ml tubs for $8. The ice-cream is good stuff, and the teh-tarik ice cream tastes like, well, teh-tarik lah. Pretty rich teh-tarik. Mudpies there are real good too.

Anyway, I had fun with my friends, as I always do. Even though we don't meet up all that frequently, we're always able to pick up where we left off as if nothing happened. We seem to be able to turn back the clock, and talk about stuff that is of no importance whatsoever, like how painting ceilings is tiring on the neck. We came up with a list of solutions to this that were so inane I'm not even going to bother listing it here, but it was good fun.

I'm just glad that the dynamic between us is still preserved even though we have mellowed ever so slightly with our age. It is real fun to hang out with them, just like we did in secondary school, and I always look forward to it since having fun with them seems so effortless.

Boy, will I miss times like these.

No comments: