Thursday, October 05, 2006

I spy with my little eye

In class today "hey-my-good-man" c was seated two rows in front of me, playing on his faculty standard Toshiba Tecra M5 laptop. And guess what he did? He went to WebCT Vista to submit an assignment online.

But wait! He said that it crashes on him! Shouldn't I do the right thing and warn him of the grave consequences of him logging on to WebCT Vista? Before I can stop him, he has already logged in. Damn! My indecision has cost him, and he will now have to face the "blue screen of death"!

But well what do you know? It didn't crash. He could navigate without any problems, and he even managed to submit his assignment. An assignment which, by the way, was given to us in pdf format.

So just as I suspected, all his BS about his computer crashing and not being able to open pdfs was well, BS.

2 years in the army was not for nothing, though truth be told, he was not exaclty trying to be discreet. All the same, don't test my sharp ears eagle eyes.

Next time he asks for an assignment, depending on how I'm feeling, I will either ignore him or ask him to get it himself. And if he pulls that "it always crashes on me" bullshit again, I shall point out to him that his fancy Tecra seemed to work fine in class.

1 comment:

Quixotism said...

Yup, sharp ears eagle eyes. Traits of a well trained flying ninja. Can't blame him for not knowing you're a commando who has a focused mind/ eyes that can see/ ability to detect stupid lies.