Monday, August 29, 2005

Weekend at Niagara

Said goodbye to the parents today, not very pleasant, but I'm glad that my good-byes are out of the way at last.

Went to Niagara Falls for the weekend with the parents, and also skipped both my orientation programmes in the process. Niagara was beautiful, though the area around the falls has changed lots from the last time I was there, which was over 10 years ago. There are now bright lights, flashy billboards and tacky amusement centres near the falls, and the place has a very Vegas-like feel to it. Fortunately, the place where the Falls are situated was relatively untouched. Crossed the American border to get a look at the falls from the other side, was a little bothersome as I had to wait almost a half hour to get my passport stamped.

Have pictures, but have to find out how to use my flikcr account before I can post a link on my blog. Working on it now, and trying to get everything up before Sept 1st, when term starts.

Check back soon for updates.

No comments: