Sunday, March 06, 2005

Do you have any prior experience?

Went job hunting on Friday, Sony were looking for sales promoters at the upcoming IT show at Suntec City. I interviewed for it. Thought it went ok, but the lady interviewing me didn't seem too keen on hiring me because I had no sales experience. Fair enough, except that when you look in the classifieds for jobs, practically everyone wants to hire people who have experience. So where do people who have no experience start out? I honestly don't know. Employers aren't keen to hire people who are nearing their 40s. In their ads, they all ask for young people. But they want them to have experience. Even for things like admin assistants and data entry posts. They just want it all don't they? I'll know by Monday if I'm wanted. In the meantime, looks like I'll just have to keep reading the classifieds to look for openings.

No comments: